Monday 8 October 2007

DJs With 60 Years Experience

The weekend saw an impromtu trip home for some yummy home cooking, force-feeding of cake and a (slightly) cheaper haircut. Lucky I managed to kind a Toni&Guy hairdresser who didn't have terrifying hair herself (although she did have fluorescent pink nail-tips).

It's always a bit like walking into a little time-warp going back to Cannock. I don't think I've heard as much dance music all year as I heard this weekend. And it's not just the bars & pubs - even down to over-hearing car stereos, walkmans and in every shop and, well, hairdressers. My small collection of entertaining club/bar flyers has been somewhat extended though. Perhaps I'll have to turn it into a flickr group now that I have all of 3. Apparently a DJ with 60 years experience is something worth advertising! It was great to catch up with S, and overall quite a fun night out (it's a lot easier to have fun there when you know you can leave again) apart from perhaps the odd intervention of a guy who seemed genuinely confused that we were having a nice time and even, yes, laughing. Now he was fairly drunk (or should I say, "tu-be faaairr, 'e wuz a bit drunnk"), but nevertheless it did make me feel a little bit sad, that he was so obviously so frustrated and bored by the place and yet it didn't seem to have occured to him to leave. Poor, strange man. Oh well, at least it will be quite amusing for my friends now that I'm once again over-pronouncing all my vowels.

No comments: