Tuesday 13 November 2007

Circle Line (ish)

DSCN6732b
We braved the infamous Circle Line Pub Crawl (warning; offensive design) in celebration of Richard's 30th on Saturday, which was lots of fun until we flaked quite rubbishly. Richard seemed to like our t-shirts, which I was quite relieved about, but of course I was scrutinising the printing. I think I should've made the superman bit purely block colour and it would've printed a bit thicker.

It just so happened to coincide with The Lord Mayor's Show which was interesting, although I'm not sure I'd bother making a special trip to see it without the distraction of a pub crawl. But then I'm not hugely into marching bands or unidentifiable fancy dress (despite what some of you may have seen on facebook). We had a nice leisurely start in Westminster's The Red Lion (?) and on to Embankment's cute Ship & Shovel and Temple's cavernous Walkabout, in between taking some photos of the bands and floats preparing to start.

Then on to The Blackfriar at, erm, Blackfriars, lunch at Wetherspoons at Tower Hill, a slightly scary place in Aldgate, a gin bar at Liverpool Street, a 60's concrete box at The Barbican, The Castle at Farringdon, O'Neills at Kings Cross, and our final was a really nice place around the corner from Euston Square, but fairly inevitably I can't remember what it was called. It had nice beer though.

No comments: